Youth Center School Year Program
RIOC operates the Roosevelt Island Youth Center as an after-school and summer drop-in center. The center provides a safe and inclusive environment for youth to gather, socialize, and engage in activities. Through island collaborations and partnerships, the center is geared to serve as an outlet for youth to engage in recreational, educational, and artistic programming.
Pre-registration for the Youth Center School Year Program opens at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, August 3rd!
Please note that a pre-registration form is required to be completed first. Once your application is fully vetted for completeness, you will be contacted directly to be invited to a mandatory virtual orientation. Attendance to the orientation is required before your child can participate.
- 7-18 years of age (child must turn 7 years of age before December 31st)
- Complete online pre-registration form
- Parent/guardian or family member above 18 years old MUST attend a parent orientation
- Parent/guardian signs registration form and consent waivers
- Child MUST attend a Youth Center participant orientation
*Registered children ages 7-18 can utilize the facility, throughout the school year (excluding major holidays and inclement weather) and take part in programming 5 days a week. The center is open to all youth and teens.
For information on our Summer Day Camp Program click HERE
For any questions about registration and waitlist please reach out to email@example.com or 212-371-3796.
For information regarding our approach to health and safety click HERE.
- Performing and Visual Arts Activities
- Traditional & Nontraditional Sports
- Fitness & Wellness Activities
- Leadership & Civic Engagement Workshops
- College & Career Readiness Workshops
- Indoor and Outdoor Recreational Activities
- Themed-based Activities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Culminating Events
School Year Program Begins: Monday, September 13th
School Year Program Ends: Friday, June 24th
Monday - Friday
3 PM - 8 PM
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6 PM - 7 PM (Ages 7-9)
7 PM - 8 PM (Ages 10 -18)