July 4, 2023- Holiday Weekend Guidance
July 4th Holiday Weekend Guidance – Advisory
As we look forward to celebrating Independence Day, the below guidelines will be in effect for the holiday weekend, beginning Sunday, July 2nd, through Wednesday, July 5th for island transportation and RIOC-controlled open spaces and facilities:
- Tram - Will run regular weekend service on Sunday 7/2 and regular weekday service on Monday 7/3. Both Trams operating at full capacity. There will be no Tram shuttle bus.
- Red Bus – The Red Bus will run on its normal weekend schedule on Sun. 7/2 and on a normal weekday schedule on Mon. 7/3. On Tuesday, July 4th, the Red Bus will run on the weekday schedule from the Octagon to the Tram, and there will be no Octagon Express bus.
- F Train - Please plan your travel accordingly and visit MTA Info or call 511 for more information. For electronic updates on F Train service, sign up for MTA Alerts at MyMTAAlerts.
- CitiBike – No stations available from Monday, July 3rd until Wednesday morning, July 5th.
- NYC Ferry Service - Please note that ferry service across all routes will end early at 5:54PM on Tuesday, July 4th. For more info, go to: Ferry Schedules
Please be aware of the following guidance for island parking and vehicular traffic:
Beginning Sunday, July 2nd at 11 PM through Wednesday, July 5th at 8 AM, there will be no street parking south of the R.I. Tram station. Additionally, parking restrictions will be implemented in the following areas:
- From the Meditation Lawn to 250 Main Street on the West side (In the vicinity of 250 - 281 Main Street).
- Around the entire Cornell Tech Campus (East /West Loop Roads and North/South Loop Roads)
On Tuesday, July 4th:
- Between 12 PM – 3 PM residents will only be permitted to travel North bound from the helix and into the Motorgate.
- Residents who need to park in Motorgate should arrive no later than 3 PM on Monday, July 4th to secure admittance into the garage. Monthly pass holders will have access to their reserved spots with proper ID beyond 3 PM.
- At 3 PM, there will be NO vehicular traffic on the island, EXCEPT emergency vehicles.
- Visitor parking at the Motorgate Garage will be limited to ensure adequate parking for residents and patrons with a monthly permit. Residents without a monthly access card should be prepared to show proof of residency when approaching the Roosevelt Island Bridge at Vernon Boulevard.
FACILITY & PARK CLOSURES
Monday, July 3rd:
- Southpoint Park will be closed all day
Tuesday, July 4TH:
- All RIOC administrative offices
- South Point Park
- Four Freedoms Park, unless you have a valid ticket to the Fireworks event
- Sportspark will be closed all day
In addition, the Public Safety Department (PSD) will be patrolling the island with extra patrols focusing on parks, recreation, and transportation areas.
Have a safe and healthy holiday weekend!