On Monday, September 9, 2019, Anthony Amoroso became the new Deputy Director of the Public Safety Department (PSD). He fills the former role once held by current PSD Acting Chief Kevin Brown. Director Amoroso is a resident of Monroe, New York, but grew up in Massapequa on Long Island. At the age of 20, he joined the New York Police Department (NYPD) where he worked for over 28 years. Director Amoroso achieved the rank of Detective First Grade. Mr. Amoroso comes to RIOC with an extensive training background Anthony was a senior detective investigator and instructor assigned to train all members of NYPD Detective Bureau.
During his tenure at the NYPD, Director Amoroso was:
- Instructor Development Programs, designed to exchange and relay leading-edge ideas in the field
- Developed and collaborated on innovative courses and lessons of various tactical operations for current and newly assigned Detectives, Supervisors and Undercover Officers.
Some of the certifications in training that Mr. Amoroso holds include:
- Certified General Topics Instructor, State of New York Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Certified Defensive Tactics Instructor, State of New York Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Certified Firearms Instructor, State of New York Division of Criminal Justice Services.
- In addition to training Mr. Amoroso was a patrol officer in the housing developments of NYC and he was a detective investigator in NYPD narcotics division.