The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) Launches Updated Website
ROOSEVELT ISLAND – (March 13, 2018) The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) announced the launch of its newly redesigned website (rioc.ny.gov), which offers quick and easy access to essential information and features which provide a more comprehensive understanding of the community.
The site is designed to be intuitive to navigate and easy for citizens to use. It is mobile-friendly, allowing citizens to search for activities and events, register, and remit payment even from a smartphone or tablet.
“Our website is an important tool in the continuing effort to improve our communication with the community,” said RIOC President Susan Rosenthal. "This redesign allows us to reorganize our content and easily present timely information which can be accessed at any time, from anywhere.”
RIOC’s new website will be updated on a regular basis with island news, community activities, events, available grants and RFPs, as well as job opportunities. Visitors are encouraged to explore the website and sign up for direct messages from RIOC at rioc.ny.gov/MyAccount
The website - built for RIOC in partnership with CivicPlus, a national web-development business that specializes in building city government communications systems - offers several prominent new features that focus on community interactivity. These include:
- My Account – Allows users to personalize their dashboard to stay updated on news, events, and information they care about. Create an Account can be found at the bottom of the main page.
- Notify Me™ – Notifies subscribers via email and texts of specific island and RIOC related information that they opt in to.
- Citizen Request Tracker™ – Allows users to report a problem and provide follow-up communication with the point of contact.
- ePayments – Allows customers the ability to process payment transactions for facility rentals, permitting fees, and Parks and Recreation classes and programming.
- Alert Center – Posts emergency and/or important time sensitive information on the website to notify citizens via email and text messaging.
- Agenda Center – allows access to all RIOC Board of Directors agendas, minutes, speaker requests, and other related governance materials.
“The most basic function of any municipal website is delivery of information,” Rosenthal said. “We intend for our site to deliver that as well as solicit it. We hope that users, from both the community and beyond, will see the value of our new user-friendly web experience.”